Reso Community Fortress Thread

In this board, Everyone intrested, can put up topics, Off topic from mabinogi,
a personal story, Just some fun experience or a picture or two!
All up to your choice! enjoy!!

Moderator: Naxos

Re: Reso Community Fortress Thread

Postby Nylm » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:02 am

Sorry for the delay, I was distraced the last couple of days :D

I finished generating the world and had a quick look around. There seems to be an ample amount of nice secure locations for us.
I'll probably start the fort within the next couple of days and make the first proper Story post :3

I was gonna attach the save file to this post, just in case someone wants to browse the Legends while I do my turn. However, 42MB seems to be too much for the forum to bear, so I made a mediafire account:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/u1f30 ... egion2.zip
Nylm
Guild Member

Local time: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:32 am
IGN (InGameName):
living in: Europe (CET+-)

Postby Arianamue » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:26 am

Just a note:
We should make sure we all use the same version of DF, since the saved files are pretty much incompatible between the recent versions.
Arianamue
Site Admin

Local time: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:32 am
IGN (InGameName): Arianamue

Postby Naxos » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:33 pm

I think we should also refrain from updating the version of the game once we start in earnest, since it seems to cause major conflicts and save corruptions (the reason why some fortresses have to end before their time).
Naxos
Guild Member

IGN (InGameName): Naxos

Postby Nylm » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:35 pm

Nylm wrote: We'll be using version 0.40.24 for this, which is the latest version as of writing.

I already made that point in the first post, and there hasn't been a newer version since.
Altough there not being compatibility between versions is far from a hard rule, and if a new version does come out while we do this, we can always give it a go and see how it works out.
Nylm
Guild Member

IGN (InGameName):

Postby Nylm » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:39 pm

This is the Logbook of Aban Ikalkeskal the herbalist. All entries are of the highest craftdwarfship. It menaces with spikes of leather and orthoclase. There is an image of Rimtar, god of Fortresses stitched in leather on the back.

26th of Opal 549, 6th year of the reign of Queen Lorbam Roldethzefon
I have arrived in Tadnil, a small fortress on the eastern outskirts of the kingdom, as instructed by Queen Lorbam's outpost liason.
I am to meet up with several other settlers here. We are just one of many groups tasked with pushing the frontier further. The liason informed me it might take a few weeks for my peers as well as royal instructions to arrive. In the meanwhile I am to stay at the local inn and help the locals out where I can.

20th of Obsidian 549, 6th year of the reign of Queen Lorbam Roldethzefon
After nearly three weeks of helping out on the fields of Tadnil, all 6 of my fellow settlers have finally arrived. They are as follows:
Thîkut Ùshrirazit and Ber Rigòthmelbil, miners.
Olin Lolokikud, woodworker
Cerol Ilondeduk, Stoneworker
Kol Rigòthevon, self proclaimed Scholar (I'm not sure what that means, but she assures me she is a talented doctor at least)
Zefon Koganavuz, former guard. Experienced axe fighter.
Now we are only waiting for orders and directions from the queen.

27th of Obsidian 549, 6th year of the reign of Queen Lorbam Roldethzefon
A letter from the outpost liason arrived today. We are to travel a few weeks east towards the Glittery Forests, where the Mirefern brook has its source. Apparently the area is rich in minerals. The queen wants an industrial powerhouse to rise there. We are to strike the earth and prepare the first dwellings for the following waves of migrants. I have been designated the leader of the expedition. I'm not sure why, as my only expertise lies with plants and ways to prepare them. May Rimtar be with us. We depart tomorrow at break of dawn.

6th of Granite 550, 7th year of the reign of Queen Lorbam Roldethzefon
The journey is going well, although the vegetation is getting thicker every day. The horse and bull pulling the wagon are starting to need breaks and feed more frequently. It doesn't help that they're walking in a very unequal trot, which disrupts their walking rhythm. Kol asked me why I didn't select two of the same animal to pull the card. I told her to buzz off.

14th of Granite 550, 7th year of the reign of Queen Lorbam Roldethzefon
We are descending into the Mirefern valley today. In the distance we can see the brook's source, our destination. We should arrive soon.

15th of Granite 550, 7th year of the reign of Queen Lorbam Roldethzefon
We have arrived at our destination. The surroundings are overgrown with thick forest. We have seen evidence of various beasts around. A quick survey of the area prooves that the queen's scouts have indeed been right! The Limestone is rich with veins of magnetite and bituminous coal, Thîkut and Ber excitedly tell me. It looks like we will be able to produce steel as soon as the first smelters migrate. Rimtar is indeed with us. Today we strike the earth!
Nylm
Guild Member

IGN (InGameName):

Previous

Return to off-topic